About Acorn Under Fives
Acorn Under Fives was founded in 1986 by a group of parents in response to the lack of pre-school provision at that time.
We are proud to say that in September 2017, Acorn Under Fives was rated an 'OUTSTANDING' pre-school by OFSTED.
View OFSTED report
Today, we remain a vibrant community pre-school, offering flexible care for children aged 2 to 5 years. We have a passionate and dedicated team of staff, with the strategic running being overseen by a committee of parent volunteers, under the umbrella of the Pre-school Learning Alliance. We are hugely committed to providing high quality Early Year's education for our children, in a safe and caring environment, with an emphasis on learning through play.
Meet The Team
Early Years Manager - NNEB
Deputy Lead Practitioner -Level 3
Early Years Practitioner - Level 3
Early Years Practitioner
Early Years Practitioner - Bank Staff (QTS)
Early Years Practitioner - NNEB
Early Years Practitioner - Level 2
Early Years practitioner
Claire Gibson Early Years Practitioner
Laura Andrews Early Years Practitioner - Level 3
Becky Price Early Years Practitioner - Level 3
Our Aims Are To
- provide a flexible approach that responds quickly to children’s learning and developing needs
- create an effective partnership with parents to support and enhance the development of the children
- serve an educational programme that helps children to make progress in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- provide a framework which supports the development, learning and care of young children
- create opportunities for parents to become directly involved on the day-to-day running of the pre-school
- provide individual care and attention made possible by a high ratio of adults to children
- use observations and assessments to identify priorities and plan relevant and motivating learning experiences for each child
- give the opportunity to discuss the children’s progress by using a key person support system
- employ a high percentage of staff with appropriate child care qualifications
- provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment for all the children.
SEE OUR POLICIES & PROCEDURES